How to prepare a condominium to sue the developer? Because of a usually big number of families living in condominiums, it is easier to harmonize actions against the developer when only one party stands before the court. It can be achieved in two ways.

The first solution is to transfer the claims to the condominium itself and then to decide for the condominium to sue the developer. Both actions require adequate resolutions of the assembly of the condominium. It is a proper solution in cases when all the flat owners suffer from building defects and unanimously want to sue the developer.

Another solution, even better in some cases, is to take a class action. The flat owners taking part in the case against the developer elect a representative, who will be the claimant. At least 10 persons are required to file a class action.

About the Author

Back to list

Read also