We have an impressive real estate practice. Our experience and resources mean we are able to undertake the most challenging, time-critical or high-value deals. The firm’s expertise ranges from commercial transactions to complex real estate finance and closed-end fund transactions. We regularly work on high level, complex deals – often with an international element – including mergers and acquisitions, leases, developments, construction and management agreements.
Corporate Real Estate
Our real estate team comprises lawyers who are accustomed to working with property clients on a variety of matters. We understand that corporate transactions in the real estate sector need careful structuring and perfect execution.
Our clients range from developers, publicly quoted companies and property funds to private investors, corporate occupiers and property services companies.
Our services include:
Real Estate Finance
- mergers, acquisitions and takeovers of property businesses
- joint venture, including transfer of assets, financing and exit strategies
- establishment, acquisition or disposal of special purpose vehicles (SPVs), limited partnerships and other entities
- distressed asset and debt portfolio transactions
- corporate reorganisations
Our specialist team provides advice on how to structure financing to provide maximum security for the lender and maximum certainty for the borrower. We work with banks and other leading property lenders, as well as advising some of the industry’s highest profile investment and development borrowers.
We have significant experience advising on multi-jurisdictional finance transactions. That experience, together with the firm's established links with foreign law firms in major European centers, means we are able to identify and address the needs of our increasingly international client base. Our banking and finance offering is supported by strong corporate, real estate, tax and regulatory offerings, resulting in a seamless client service.
We advise financial institutions, private equity funds, hedge funds, institutional funds, developers and investors on all aspects of real estate finance transactions including:
- bridging finance
- debt restructurings and refinancings
- sale and leaseback structures
- security enforcements and receiverships
We act for a variety of clients ranging from high net worth private clients to major developers, property investors, banks and occupiers through to contractors, sub-contractors and consultants. Our work involves complex, high-profile developments with a particular specialism acting for specialist high-end developers.
Our team of construction lawyers includes members with a practical background gained in the industry and experience from involvement in some of the largest transactions.
We are equipped to deal with our clients' non-contentious and contentious construction law requirements and work with our property, finance, planning and corporate teams to provide a complete service encompassing contentious and non-contentious construction expertise.
Our services include:
- drafting and negotiating all relevant construction documentation
- advising on construction aspects of corporate, real estate and finance transactions
- pursuing and defending claims arising from construction projects
- mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution
- ‘freezing’ injunctions
Disputes and disagreements are a fact of economic life. They are part of the business of owning or occupying property. Resolving these disputes should be approached in an equally businesslike way: analysing the risks, weighing up the rewards and pushing hard for a result that makes business sense.
We are recognised as one of Warsaw's best litigation teams. Recognised as assertive, highly skilled litigators, we are also experienced negotiators, regularly conducting mediations and other dispute resolution alternatives. But where litigation is inevitable our clients' cases are pursued with vigour and commercialism in equal measure. Understanding the distraction that litigation can be to clients' core businesses, we are used to working within timetables and budgets.
Our expertise covers the full range of real estate disputes including those relating to:
- commercial, residential and mixed-use schemes
- compensation claims
- construction disputes
- development disputes
- dilapidations claims
- landlord and tenant issues including rent arrears, forfeiture and lease renewals
- possession of land claims
- rights of light claims
- service charge disputes
- Real Estate Opportunities in Poland During the Pandemic
- How to Purchase a Real Estate in Poland
Please see also our brochure.